Saturday, July 30, 2011

"Smurfin'" Critics!

First, let me say, I have not seen The Smurfs movie because my son is practically grown and this movie is geared towards the kids, and because, from the reviews I've seen, the story line is not particularly engrossing.  But from the review I just read on Christian Cinema.com I may have to rent it when it comes out on DVD.

This review classifies the movie as "not family approved" based on these criteria:
Sex: Husband/Wife kiss a few times.
Language: "I'll be smurfed"; "I so smurfin' love you"; "done smurfin' around"; "you smurfed with the wrong girl"; "Son of a smurf"; "For smurf sakes"; "Smurf me"; "Is a smurf's butt blue?"
Violence: Many chase scenes between the Smurfs and Gargamel with kicking, throwing of things, slap stick violence throughout the film but nothing too graphic.
Drugs: None
Nudity: Cleavage; Gargamel waves a wand with "Smurf Essence" over a woman's head and she becomes younger, her breasts enlarge, her waist becomes smaller and her bottom slims down.
Other: Magic potions, incantations and spells. Gargamel takes an ice bucket in a restaurant and urinates in it in public. While we do not see his privates, we can hear the act taking place. 
roflmao -  The movie has been given a rating of PG which implies that parents should discuss the movie with their children, but seriously, kids hear far worse from their friends.

I think I'll "smurfin'" curse in smurf-ese for the rest of the week.  It's "smurfin'" hilarious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment